DOR DE VIN
HOW IT WORKS
Choose the subscription that suits you and what type of wine you prefer to drink more of. The subscription is flexible. You pause or quit whenever you want, without any restrictions.
The last week of every month, you get a box of wines with access to their story, tasting notes, pairing suggestions and sommelier tips to help you look good in front of friends.
Depending on the subscription you choose, you will taste between 24 and 48 truly outstanding Romanian wines in a single year. The hardest part is deciding whether to invite someone for a glass of wine or enjoy them on your own.
WHAT YOU GET IN EVERY BOX OF DOR DE VIN:
- 2 or 4 bottles of wine selected by Somelier, depending on your subscription and preferred type of wine;
- Printed sheets with sommelier’s tasting notes for each wine;
- Wine reviews by Sommelier Andrei Popa and electronic sheets for your tasting notes from your Dor de Vin account;
- Recipe of a dish, created by a Chef, paired with a wine from the selection, available online;
- In some boxes, you will find gourmet surprises and more;
- With your first order, you’ll receive the welcome kit: an opener and a set of 2 anti-chutneys.
about the sommelier
I’m a foodie and a wine aficionado. These two passions led me to become a sommelier – the man who knows best how to pair food with wine.
As a sommelier, I get the most satisfaction when I help customers discover new wines, learn their story and learn how to enjoy them. And, at the end of the meal, to see them have that revelation where they discover that the paired wine enhanced the flavours and textures of the dish, and that they experienced those subtle aromas that might otherwise have gone unnoticed. When the customer writes down the name of the wine they’ve drunk and asks me for a few recommendations for home, I know I’ve done my job well.
That’s why I started the Dor De Vin project.
In a single year you will discover and taste 48 outstanding Romanian wines, without spending hours in supermarkets, specialty stores or online, overwhelmed by the volume of products and brands, and without choosing again and again the same few wines you already know.
Want to peek at what Dor De Vin subscribers have received in previous boxes?